Welcome to the North Haven Camera Club
Quinnipiac River Marsh Walk Trail Contest
The Marsh Walk Photo Contest is open from April 1, 2021–July 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Winners will be announced on July 20, 2021. Anyone may enter the contest with a limit of 2 images per photographer.
All images must be taken of, or from, the Tidal Marsh Trail. If an image is not identifiable, please provide the location on the trail where the image was taken. For example, for a close-up shot of a bird, please tell us when and where you took the photo.
Images (limit of 2 per photographer) with a completed submission form should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is NO entry fee and the contest is open to all ages.
- Open for entries: April 1, 2021
- Entry Deadline: July 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Winners Announced: July 20, 2021
GROUPS & PRIZES
Adult Group (19 years and older)
- First Prize: $75.00
- Second Prize: $50.00
Junior Group (18 years and younger)
- First Prize: $75:00
- Second Prize: $50.00
- Will be published on the websites and/or Facebook pages of the North Haven Camera Club and the North Haven Trail Association.
- Will be published in our local papers.
- May also appear in local photo displays.
- Photo credit will be given.
Join our clubs—we love new members!
- Must not exceed 999 kb.
- Should not exceed 1400 pixels wide in landscape mode.
- Should not exceed 1050 pixels high in portrait mode.
- A square image would be 1050 X1050 pixels.
Maximum allowable height, no matter the photo size is 1050 pixels.
- Limited to two (2) entries per photographer.
- Entries must be accompanied by the submission form.
- Image files must be summitted in jpg format only.
- The file name is limited to 30 characters long and must be formatted as follows: your first initial (dash) your last name (dash) image name (limit of 30 characters) dot jpg. I.e. : D-Whitmore-PrettyRock.jpg
Image should appear natural.
- adjustments to white balance
- burning and dodging
- Photo stacking
- HDR within reason.
- Color balance
- Noise reduction.
Black and white images are acceptable as long as no color is added.
Non allowable adjustments:
Anything that alters the image, such as:
- Replacing skies or any object in an image.
Image should appear natural and not over-processed.
You may not alter the image except by resizing or cropping.
The Honor System Applies!
For Questions, email: